Friday, August 25, 2006



Pre-tween Jeans

"Premium jeans, for instance, an item coveted by Maisy Gellert, a third grader living in Westchester County, N.Y. 'I'm very particular,' Maisy said. 'Sevens are the only jeans I actually wear.'" That is from yesterday's New York Times article "Fashion Aims Young."

Although the 4-9 year-old fashion market is still considered too small to quantify expect to see a barrage of marketing directed at pre-tweens and their affluent parents. "For a mother willing to spend $1,000 on her own handbag, these marketers reason, $154 for a pair of Rock & Republic jeans may not be a stretch."

I'm scared.

New York Times Article

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be a cold day in hell before I would spend $154 on a pair of jeans for a kid. An it wouldn't matter how much money I had.

8/31/2006 01:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home