Monday, October 04, 2010

Denim Made by Tender

One of the most honest and heartfelt jean I have seen this year is made by Tender Co. It is made from heavy unsanforized and unskewed Japanese selvage denim. It is sewn in England to respectable specifications and then dip dyed in plant indigo at a woad farm in Norfolk, England. Here it is.





People like William Kroll of Tender Co. inspire me and fuel my belief that there will always be excitement in denim. Kroll is an English designer who cut his teeth working in the denim industry, trained with tailors, picked up indigo dyeing in Okayama, Japan, and admits to maybe enjoying product development a bit more than design. This man loves the product, loves materials and I imagine him spending more time experimenting with possibilities and research than dreaming up fancy drawings. His line of jeans, jackets, vests, and tees immediately conjure a reverie of the dyeing heydays of England. If one considers the extensive use of woad and, later, indigo in Europe in general and Britain in particular the tradition is very rich. There has not been a comprehensive denim offering which draws upon the English heritage of woad and indigo dyeing and it will be exciting to see what Kroll does in this regard.

In the next few posts I will post an exploration of some of the details that make the Tender jeans special.

Tender Website

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love everything about Tender denim, but can find little about fit. Would you advise anyone to size up on these since they are unsanforized? I thought I read on a forum that though they are unsanforized, we should not expect much shrink.

11/06/2010 07:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Women Jeans said...

It is great to read some of the information and feedback, here. I hope to read more ideas in the future!!!

9/02/2011 06:49:00 AM  
Anonymous price per head said...

This is highly informatics, I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!Thanks for writing the pattern.

5/05/2012 01:44:00 PM  
Anonymous George Archer said...

I heard first time regarding such denim but they are look nice and posses the high quality material which must be long lasting.

Womens Jeans

2/27/2013 04:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Richard Schleh said...

High quality jeans and long lasting denim.

3/06/2016 05:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Construction Cleaning Roswell said...

Hello mate nice blogg

8/21/2022 02:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home