Monday, May 15, 2006

True Religion Anti-Counterfeit Efforts Paying Off

Press Release:

"
True Religion Apparel Inc. (Nasdaq: TRLG) today announced that the Company has recently won two court default judgments against several individuals and businesses charged with importing and selling counterfeit True Religion Brand Jeans. The default judgment orders from both cases total approximately $1 million, after legal expenses. In one of the legal cases, True Religion Brand Jeans worked together with Ben Sherman Ltd. to pursue a claim against individuals and businesses charged with selling counterfeit clothing for both brands. The five hundred thousand dollar judgment in that case was awarded jointly to both plaintiffs.

"We actively enforce our zero tolerance policy on counterfeiting and will continue to protect our trademark whenever and wherever appropriate," commented Jeffrey Lubell, Chairman and CEO. "As the visibility of the True Religion brand continues to grow both in the U.S. and abroad, we are working aggressively to protect our intellectual property and ensure that only authorized department stores and specialty store customers receive our authentic, high-quality, custom-fit goods."

"

True Religion

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh la love.

I'm not a huge fan of their jeans - pretty indifferent, I rarely do denim - but good for them.

Do you read Counterfeit Chic? I smell a trackback. ;)

5/17/2006 01:54:00 AM  
Blogger dutchessofdenim said...

I recently bought a pair of True Religion jeans off an eBay listing #180216443716. When I got them they were obviously counterfeit. I immediately filed a claim with PAYPAL and have been denied because they say that my claim does not qualify. I filed this claim 4 days ago and have not been given enough time to take the jeans to a licensed TR retailer for proof that they are not real. I am incensed. It is no longer about the money. The seller in this case has no money and I wonder if this is why PAYPAL is not accepting my claim. I would like to let True Religion know that PAYPAL and eBay are letting obviously fake TR jeans to be sold on their site and not responding when buyers file a legitimate complaint. Is there more I can do. I am incensed!
dutchessofdenim

2/23/2008 05:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duchessofdenim, do you remember the id of the person who sold you the fake TR jeans? I just bought a pair that are obviously fake and even called the TR corporate office in California. The tag is a really thick cardboard, there's a funny smell, and the inner pocket linings don't have the red Buddha stamped all over it, among other things. I have filed a complaint with Ebay and paypal and will contact the BBB and FBI Internet crime division as well.

5/14/2008 06:18:00 PM  
Anonymous women’s designer jeans said...

I am very glad to see such information which I was searching for a long time. women’s designer jeans

3/29/2010 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger darrell moddy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/14/2010 02:24:00 AM  
Blogger darrell moddy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7/14/2010 02:24:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is very interesting information. I am doing some research for a class in school. and i liked the post. do you know where I can find other information regarding this? I am finding other information on this but nothing that I can use really in my paper for my final. do you have any suggestions?

inbound call center

7/19/2010 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Dylan Hall said...

Me & my neighbour were preparing to do some research about that. We got a good book on that matter from our local library and most books where not as influensive as your information. I am very glad to see such information which I was searching for a long time.

jaguar parts

1/31/2011 12:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Socialkik said...

Me and my friend were arguing about an issue similar to this! Now I know that I was right. lol! Thanks for the information you post.

2/07/2012 08:47:00 PM  
Anonymous make money ppc network said...

www.BreezeAds.com - Make Money Online PPC Contextual Network is 24/7 alive publishers

2/13/2012 11:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home